MPSHome Alumni Calendar Contact
Credit Recovery (or Credit Make-Up)

When a student fails a course (earns an F letter grade or an NC), they do not earn any credit for that course. There are certain courses (or credits) that are required for graduation. If a student fails to earn credit in one of these required courses, the student will need to make up that credit through one of the credit recovery options below:

  • ALC (an online, after-school credit recovery program available during the school year)
  • Summer School (an in-person school program that takes place over the summer months) 
  • Winter or Spring Break Academies (an in-person school program that may happen over Winter or Spring Breaks, may not be offered every school year)

If you have further questions: 

  • To determine if you need credit recovery: contact your School Counselor or Case Manager (if you have an IEP your Case Manager works with your School Counselor and IEP team to determine graduation needs).
  • To get help with the online credit recovery program, or to ask qusetions about how credit recovery works: contact Mr. Jared Mountain, ALC Coordinator at Southwest.
  • To learn more about credit recovery visit the MPS District website