· Provide a broader scope and sequence in Media Arts and Film
· Offer opportunities for advanced study to the serious media and film student.
· Offer opportunities to students who want to study media other than Video
· Increase choices of electives for the larger community
· Increase the use of video technology in the SWHS community
This hands-on semester course will allow you to produce your own video in several different genres.
Media Arts/Video II
A honing of the production skills practiced in Media Arts/ Video I, this semester course requires successful completion of Media Arts/Video I or instructor approval, self motivation and a high interest in Media.
I.B. Film Higher Level
The ultimate film course offered at Southwest High School, a two year course blending production and theory, is only open to current juniors who have completed successfully I.B. Film Standard Level.