MPS is no longer offering the PLAN test to 10th grade students. ACT is phasing out the PLAN and introducing an Aspire test. Stay tuned for details.
The PLAN was a "pre-ACT" test that predicts success on the ACT Assessment. It also contained a career interest inventory.
Reasons to take the PLAN:
· Taking PLAN is a great way to get familiar with the format of the ACT and prepare for the ACT
· Teachers and counselors use PLAN results to help you choose the right high school courses to prepare you for college
· PLAN identifies your academic strengths and weaknesses so you’ll know if you’ve developed the skills and knowledge you’ll need to succeed in college
· PLAN connects you with information you’ll need to start your college search.
· PLAN helps you learn about careers that match your interests. Learning about the world of work now will help you choose your college major later.
For more information about the PLAN and the new ASPIRE, visit the ACT website at http://www.act.org/